The justice sector in the UK (police, Courts, Prisons, Youth Offender Services, National Probation Service, and allied voluntary sector organisations) is facing huge changes in organisation, structure and workload, whilst at the same time making very significant cost savings. Agencia has worked with the range of agencies in the sector, collectively (via Criminal Justice Boards) and individually, on a variety of organisational and strategic change issues at local, regional and national level.
Agencia's UK justice work has included:
- Training on commissioning to the Senior Management Team Staffordshire and West Midlands Probation Trust;
- Coaching of senior staff from North Yorkshire Probation Trust;
- ‘Improving the Speed of Justice’ using Lean for Humberside Criminal Justice Board;
- Project Management of Community Justice rollout on behalf of the Ministry of Justice;
- Evaluation of government initiatives in the justice sector (on behalf of the Home Office and the Youth Justice Board);
- Board and staff development for a variety of criminal justice agencies (Crown Prosecution Service, Prison Service, Her Majesty’s Court Service, Youth Offending Teams);
- Community Engagement development for HMCS in North and West Yorkshire;
- Engaging the third sector to help reduce re-offending on behalf of HMCS;
- Strategic development for Local Criminal Justice Boards;
- Public consultation on behalf of justice agencies;
- Service evaluation on behalf of justice agencies.
We can help you through changes in the justice sector by offering:
- Commissioning support including development of service commissioning arrangements, performance management frameworks and payment by results models.
- Mentoring and management support including to third sector agencies to develop capacity and capability and helping Local Criminal Justice Boards prepare for digitisation through LEAN.
- Independent evaluations of interventions to identify effective models of offender management and financial and activity modelling to aid disinvestment and reinvestment decisions.
- Partnership development including working with multiple stakeholders e.g. Government departments, Local Criminal Justice Boards, courts and CPS and working across statutory, voluntary and private sector organisations to improve support to victims and witnesses.
- A stakeholder engagement and consultation approach that has been identified as the appropriate solution during a judicial review and a reputation as an impartial, independent organisation, which operates sensitively and confidentially to listen to and faithfully report stakeholder views.
We are also heavily involved in the justice reform and human rights agenda overseas. This includes developing an enviable track record of working in Croatia, Serbia, Germany, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Ukraine, Turkey and Africa, and therefore have a wider experience and expertise to bring to bear on domestic issues.
Our team includes many mature consultants with years of hands on experience as barristers, judges, senior police officers, court administrators and former youth offender service staff. We can provide you with access to the best combination of these senior level managers.
This high level expertise is supplemented through an active partnership with the Slynn Foundation, a charitable body whose purpose is to promote better understanding between Britain and these countries and to contribute to the development of joint action. The foundation includes among its Trustees many eminent and senior judicial figures from the UK.
Agencia is also proud to have been a sponsor of the Humberside Police Lifestyle project for the last three years. The project aims to increase the level of positive contact between Humberside Police and the young people of our area. Encouraged by police prompting, young people become involved in community projects during the long summer holidays. The overall aim is to provide a refreshing and challenging alternative to summer boredom, which will not only occupy their time but also benefit the youngsters, themselves and their communities.
To discuss aspects of Agencia's justice portfolio contact Steve Pitts on email@example.com.
Contact us now on +44 (0)1482 649900
A team of experts delivering strategic planning and change management to the public, private and voluntary sectors - find out how Agencia Consulting can help you.Get in touch online