Social Care and Communities
Public services must meet a range of customer needs that is more complex and diverse than in any other sector. Nowhere is this more evident than within local government.
At Agencia we have developed a reputation for our ability to work closely with the people affected by change – service users and staff, and are working with local authorities to help them meet these growing demands (and customer expectations) whilst they grapple with an average of 27% less central government funding than in previous years.
Agencia’s social care and communities team is supporting Local Authorities across the UK to:
- Engage and consult with those affected by proposed changes to service – leading major independent, robust and impartial public consultations on behalf of councils on proposals for change in service design. Examples include closure of residential care homes and Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS).
- Create financial sustainability – covering the entire spectrum of commissioning and procurement, from determining requirements to management of markets, outsourcing and hosting your service. By transforming the way services operate, we have dramatically improved the quality of service user experience and delivered real financial savings. Examples include improving contact centre services for children and the recruitment and retention of Social Workers.
- Address the fact that we are living longer – understanding that needs and aspirations of today’s older people are different from previous generations, with a far greater emphasis on independence and self-directed care, we have developed new solutions for the care of older people (including those with mental health problems), bringing service users, carers and staff together to design local services for local people. In particular, we have helped organisations to respond to the National Dementia Strategy, including in the area of personalisation.
- Design new delivery models – members of our team are developing innovative public sector spin-outs, including pioneering social enterprises. Many of these are ultimately delivered via significantly re-shaped integrated solutions, inception of new style organisations or flexible delivery vehicles. Examples include a social work pilot to re-shape adult social care and create a vibrant new social enterprise vehicle and cutting edge work leading to the establishment of one of the first Care Trust organisations (bringing together Health and Social Care services with a single integrated organisation).
- Implement dynamic programmes – fostering partnership working, typically to achieve whole system transformation and service redesign, collaborating with local authorities, and their partners to ensure project and programme structures are geared to succeed. We have brought providers together across social care and health to broker and integrate services into seamless care pathways able to respond flexibly to meet individual needs, e.g. intermediate care and reablement services.
Contact Mike Robson to discuss any aspects of Agencia’s Social Care and Communities portfolio at firstname.lastname@example.org, or give us a call.
To download our full health and social care portfolio, please click here: http://agenciaconsulting.com/wp-content/uploads/Agencia-Consulting-Health-and-Social-Care-Portfolio.pdf