The UK Government has introduced a bill into the House of Commons to: “Make provision for or in connection with reforming the electricity market for purposes of encouraging low carbon electricity generation or ensuring security of supply;…” In East Yorkshire, the fledgling renewables industry is working hard to ensure that the infrastructure is in place to help deliver this ambition.
Agencia is working closely, as a member of the Renewables Network, with leaders in the industry, to prepare the ground for the developments that will help to sustain a bright future for the country and the local area.
Agencia has significant experience of supporting a wide range of businesses to grow and develop, including working within the renewables sector. This includes providing change management and organisational development, reviewing and redesigning organisations, activity modelling and achieving financial efficiencies, and business planning / competitor analysis.
- Agencia is registered on the Green Port Growth business support consultancy resource framework. The Green Port Growth Business Support and Advice provision is part of the Regional Growth Fund, Round 2 Green Port Growth Programme. This is a successful partnership between East Riding of Yorkshire Council and Hull City Council, to assist in the development of the Humber North Bank, enabling it to capitalise on the opportunities presented by renewables energy. As a result of being on the framework, most recently, Agencia has undertaken a strategic business review of an energy company and made recommendations. This will assist the business in their development to access opportunities within the renewables sector.
- As experts in public consultation, the Agencia team is helping to open up the debate about the proper place of renewable power sources in today’s society. Agencia undertook a partnering activity with the Renewables Network as part of the November 2012 Humber Expo week, held at the Freedom Centre in Hull. As part of the Community Expo day, Hull residents were invited to ask questions and present their views and questions to an expert panel on renewable energy and the impact it would have on Hull. Feedback from the event was compiled by Agencia for the Renewables Network and is providing the basis of consideration for future opportunities and partnership working.
- As well as working with clients as diverse as Hull Trains, Nurturing Families, Boston Air Ltd and Helix Precision Machining, Agencia has long standing partnerships with a number of private sector companies, including RIPA International and Bluestorm. Agencia is also a partner and subcontractor of NTT DATA UK Ltd. NTT DATA is a key supplier of consultancy services to the UK public sector as part of the Government’s new ConsultancyONE framework agreement launched by Government Procurement Service. We are also active members of Hull and Humber Chamber of Commerce.
We can support you and new emerging organisations by providing:
- Change management to support the growth and development of your business. We can utilise all our skills, knowledge and experience to help you navigate through the complex partnership, political, governance and financial strands across critical environments (local, regional and national). We are a team which is determined to continuously seek innovative, modern, responsive solutions and will work with you to achieve this.
- Organisation and facilitation of robust, independent public consultation. Having 17 years’ experience of conducting independent public consultation exercises with private companies, Local Authorities and communities, we are able to draw out concerns and increase understanding of proposed developments. Our reputation as an impartial, independent organisation which operates sensitively to engage and consult with public and professional stakeholders has proved both successful in brokering and achieving change amongst a range of different parties, and is recognised as an appropriate approach to consultation during a judicial review.
- Bespoke one-on-one support and coaching on performance improvement, reducing inefficiency and waste and supply chain optimisation.
- Support in bidding for contracts. The growth of the renewables industry creates an environment where the sector will open up to new providers willing to adopt innovative working practices. These new opportunities will bring with them new challenges. We offer a service which draws on our experience and best practice. Agencia uses this to enable organisations wishing to bid for new contracts to prove they have considered these difficult issues and developed robust strategies and realistic operational procedures to enable them to deliver innovative and cost-effective solutions.
- Business support e.g. project management, commissioning and procurement.
To find out more about Agencia’s involvement in the renewables sector, and how Agencia might be able to support your business contact Helen Gibson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (01482) 649900.