Agencia Shares Offender Management Commissioning Expertise with Probation Trusts
In its response to the consultation paper ‘Breaking the Cycle: Effective Punishment, Rehabilitation and Sentencing of Offenders’ the Government set out its plans for the introduction of commissioning models for the delivery of offender management services. This represents a significant departure from the way in which services have been delivered through Probation Trusts and reflects the recent reshaping of services in parts of the health and social care sectors.
Agencia is playing a key role in supporting a number of organisations to develop commissioning frameworks, new governance structures and payment by results models. We can offer specific expertise in:
- Defining new commissioning intentions within revised budgets;
- Assisting in interpreting the public procurement legislative framework and understanding the commercial sensitivities relating to engagement with the market;
- Engaging with service users, the public and stakeholders to undertake formal consultations on disinvestment /reinvestment proposals;
- Facilitating improved levels of understanding and trust across participating public, private and voluntary sector organisations;
- Designing evidence-based joint or integrated commissioning models and approaches across local government, central government and the NHS;
- Developing new delivery models in public services, including shared service arrangements and social and commercial enterprises;
- Assisting in translating outcomes into specifications;
- Implementing remodelled commissioning functions;
- Achieving significant and cashable budget savings;
- Ensuring corporate, clinical information, governance and risk management both throughout transition and in steady state;
- Ensuring contracting processes are transparent and fair; facilitating the involvement of the broadest range of suppliers where appropriate;
- Supporting potential provider organisations (including those from the third sector) in advance of new services being commissioned so that they are equipped to compete;
- Performance monitoring of clinical and financial benefits achieved;
- Obtaining feedback from service users, communities and providers in order to review the effectiveness of the commissioning process in meeting local needs.
Unlike many other consultancy companies, staff working in Agencia have significant experience of operating at the executive level of public and private sector organisations. We have a good understanding of the business and the challenges faced by Probation Trusts in implementing policy initiatives, whilst managing the consequences of budget reductions. Agencia is a well respected company within the public sector, both at home and overseas, and we have a track record of adding real value to organisations we work with.
To explore how Agencia could support you in the transition to this new way of working please contact:
Steve Pitts (Agencia Consulting UK Justice Sector Manager) on email@example.com or (01482) 649900.
To find out more about our UK Justice work, please go to: http://www.agenciaconsulting.com/projects/uk-justice
Contact us now on +44 (0)1482 649900
A team of experts delivering strategic planning and change management to the public, private and voluntary sectors - find out how Agencia Consulting can help you.Get in touch online