Market Research and Public Consultation
Knowing what other people think about what you are doing, what you want to do or what you should do adds an important dimension to understanding your business.
To support our work in strategic planning, organisational development and change management Agencia has available a wide variety of market research techniques, which combine the best of qualitative and quantitative methods. We are able to help our clients define the complex issues and values behind such constructs as ‘satisfaction’, ‘image’ and ‘priority’, and then test out the conclusions on wide scale populations.
Our specialist market research work extends to Pan-European healthcare, stakeholder priority setting, and the development of consumer satisfaction and performance monitoring mechanisms. Our techniques include:
Techniques for Issue Identification
- Focus groups
- One-to-one interviewing
- Stakeholder conferences
- Action research
- Citizens’ juries
Survey and Quantification Techniques
- Desk research
- Questionnaire design
- Postal, telephone, web-based and face-to-face surveys
- Data analysis and reporting
- Staff surveys
- Assessing stakeholder priorities
We have a national fieldwork capability and can work in other languages. Clients can opt for a full package of market research, or select individual items.
Agencia has a 17 year history of enabling organisations to consult with their service users, stakeholders, and the general public. These consultations are often of a sensitive and controversial nature, including remodelling of healthcare provision and the closure of residential homes. Clients include Derby City Council, North East Lincolnshire Care Trust Plus, Gloucestershire County Council, Staffordshire County Council, and Nottinghamshire County Council.
The Agencia approach to consultation has been identified as an appropriate response to a judicial review. We can work with you to:
- Undertake formal public consultation on disinvestment / reinvestment proposals.
- Design and independently chair / facilitate engagement events.
- Digest the implications of the consultation results for service change.
- Develop a comprehensive evidence base for service redesign.
- Provide training in facilitation techniques.
Benefits of working with Agencia to undertake consultation
- Our approach to such sensitive exercises has been identified as an appropriate response to a judicial. This means that Local Authorities minimise the risk of legal / procedural mine-fields associated with disinvestment in services.
- We are known for reassuring those being consulted that we faithfully record and report only what we are told. Our independence and impartiality is guaranteed.
- We can offer a wide variety of consultation techniques including facilitated public meetings, dedicated phonelines, surveys and interviews to ensure that the consultation is widely accessible and robust.
- Our team has expertise in public sector finance, change management and strategic planning and our facilitators have backgrounds in nursing, social services and specialist mental health services.
To read more about how the Agencia approach to consultation can assist in achieving significant change, please click on the icon below.